Asheville, along with the Aloft Hotel, Brother Wolf Animal Rescue, and the Fine Theatre, is sponsoring a design/build competition of doghouses to be auctioned as part of The AIA Asheville Bow-Wowhaus event in November.
Competition Rules and Entry Form can be found here. For event poster and information click here.
Deadline for the entry into the competition is September 15, 2012. You can send the filled out form to email@example.com.
Jane Mathews, AIA, LEED AP, principal of Mathews Architecture, P.A., will present the story behind the design and construction of the City of Asheville’s first LEED™ Certified building. The Dr. Wesley Grant Sr. Southside Center is the first phase of a new concept and direction in how the City provides services through its Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department.
Architectural Design Studio, an established design firm located in Asheville, North Carolina has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Project Architect or Experienced Intern.
• 5 years professional experience in Institutional/Educational facilities
• Registered Architect or Experienced Intern
• Demonstrated experience in all phases of architecture and construction
• Proficiency in CAD – ArchiCad Preferred
• Strong time management, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrated experience in construction document production
• Experience in programming, planning and design
• Proficiency in Macintosh platform, ArchiCad 3D rendering
Interested applicants please e-mail your resume to Donny Luke, AIA at firstname.lastname@example.org
The membership committee needs Section members of different ages and work situations — solo practitioners, corporate firm staff, public sector members, associates, educators, etc. — to share what they value about their AIA membership,to include tangible (discounts, education,…) and intangible benefits (leadership opportunities, peer support, socials). Your “testimonials” will be used anonymously by AIANC to inspire and encourage new members and retain existing members. Please send your comments to Jackie Schauer at email@example.com or to our Facebook page, no later than June 1.
Living City Block – Building the Future One Block at a Time.
Wednesday, March 28th at 7:00 p.m. >> Diana Wortham Theatre