Architectural Design Studio, an established design firm located in Asheville, North Carolina has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Project Architect or Experienced Intern.
• 5 years professional experience in Institutional/Educational facilities
• Registered Architect or Experienced Intern
• Demonstrated experience in all phases of architecture and construction
• Proficiency in CAD – ArchiCad Preferred
• Strong time management, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrated experience in construction document production
• Experience in programming, planning and design
• Proficiency in Macintosh platform, ArchiCad 3D rendering
Interested applicants please e-mail your resume to Donny Luke, AIA at email@example.com
The membership committee needs Section members of different ages and work situations — solo practitioners, corporate firm staff, public sector members, associates, educators, etc. — to share what they value about their AIA membership,to include tangible (discounts, education,…) and intangible benefits (leadership opportunities, peer support, socials). Your “testimonials” will be used anonymously by AIANC to inspire and encourage new members and retain existing members. Please send your comments to Jackie Schauer at firstname.lastname@example.org or to our Facebook page, no later than June 1.
The Ingles new Distribution Warehouse is unique for its sheer size, its simplicity of structure, and its complexity of refrigeration and freezing technology. Planning for this huge facility and organizing the receiving of goods from suppliers, sorting the goods, storing the goods and then getting them on waiting trucks is fascinating! We will learn about computer driven automation, manpower requirements, and how not to run into each other.
A few facts about the Ingles Distribution Warehouse:
Distribution site for stores throughout the southeast, this facility will hold frozen and refrigerated consumer goods
Square Footage: 868,000
Footage of Building Length: 1,790
Loading Docks: 90
Refrigeration temperature: 34 degrees
Frozen foods temperature: – 20 degrees
General Contractor – Vanoy
General Superintend – George Carter
Black Mt. Building Inspector – Dan Cordell
Special Note: Wear closed toed shoes and a warm coat!
Parking at east end of new facility, where there is an obvious parking area.
2913 Highway 70, Black Mountain, NC
Please respond by Monday, May 14, 5pm.