- 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
- VIEW CALENDAR The Collider
ASHEVILLE SECTION OF THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS
WELCOME TO THE AIA ASHEVILLE, NC CHAPTER
AIA Asheville is one of 300 local and state components of The American Institute of Architects, which unites the community of design professionals who live and work in the Western North Carolina and Asheville region.
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is the professional society of architects, established more than 150 years ago as a national organization. AIA works to promote the value of the architectural profession and to advance the living standards of people through an improved built environment. Representing approximately 70,000 members nationally, 2,000 statewide, and more than 200 members locally, this three-tiered organization is the largest voice of the architectural community. LEARN MORE.
AIA ASHEVILLE NEWS
The American Institute of Architects Asheville Section continues its series Where Building Science Meets Climate Science, one of the most important symposiums in the country about where climate and architectural design interface. This year's symposium theme is “Deep Retrofit” – renovation of existing buildings to promote sustainable design.
- Adams an Oldcastle Company is the recognized leader in concrete masonry technology and design. Since 1946 Adams has maintained the confidence of builders, architects and consumers for their innovative technology, high quality architectural building products, with superior product knowledge, committed customer service, and on-time deliveries.
- Carolina Home + Garden is Western North Carolina’s premier home design and lifestyle magazine. We showcase the most beautiful homes and gardens in our area in a visually stunning package. Each issue presents current design trends, intriguing personalities, ideas for remodeling and redecorating, and expert advice — all with a local focus. High-impact design and brilliant photography guarantee that each issue of Carolina Home + Garden is savored from cover to cover. We publish four spectacular issues each year.
- Henco is a locally owned and operated, full service reprographics company located in downtown Asheville, NC. We specialize in printing and scanning services for the architecture, engineering and construction industries. Henco also provides digital imaging services, such as high quality large format color inkjet printing, large format color scanning, mounting, and laminating.
- By combining science with design and insights, Milliken tackles the issues and concerns of today. Every day, our community of innovators is invigorated by the challenge of finding creative ways to enhance people's lives and make the world around us easier, safer, more sustainable and more beautiful. Milliken has long led the way for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents - and more than 5,000 patents worldwide - since our founding in 1865. - See more at: http://www.milliken.com/en-us/ourcompany/about-us/Pages/about-us.aspx#sthash.U7gon5LG.dpuf
- MODERN ASHEVILLE began as a simple hobby derived from my passion for both telling stories and simple design. My goal is simple – I want to make design approachable and accessible to all people and show the difference it can make in your life. Being a bit varied as a person, you’ll find I cover everything from the comforts of mid-century kitsch to important environmental impacts on building today. And today I bring in real estate including my business partner Kelly. All these things make up the story and community that is Modern Asheville.
- Morrison Millwork was created to focus specifically on the distribution of interior and exterior doors, interior trim, and most importantly windows. We are confident that you will see the quality and craftsmanship in each of our represented brands.
- Our portfolio of installations includes many diverse projects throughout the Southeast including; state and government facilities, churches, schools, libraries, hospitals, corporate buildings, and many other types of offices. We have continued to expand our services over the past two decades to meet the ongoing needs of today’s commercial interiors market. From flooring to complete interior furnishings, we will work hard to provide the products and services that you deserve.
- The mission of the Center for Craft, Creativity & Design is to advance the understanding of craft by encouraging and supporting research, critical dialogue, and professional development. The Center’s programs strive to support the best examples of research and practice in the field.
- WNC magazine is a bimonthly publication that captures the grandeur of the North Carolina mountains and the lifestyle of its residents through stunning photography and captivating storytelling. Every issue is a celebration of the people, culture, arts, crafts, architecture, history, and foodways of Western North Carolina. Written and designed to appeal to residents, visitors, and second-home owners, WNC is the only magazine focused on the entire 24-county region and delivers a readership that reaches far beyond.
- It’s a world full of creativity, innovation, passion, and inspiration. We love what we do, which is creating exciting and engaging interiors. Young Office is an Asheville commercial interiors company and one of the Carolina’s leading workplace furniture specialists. We deliver strategic concepts with a creative flair that engages with people. We strive to achieve great results for all our clients and have a strong history of delivering successful projects. We also offer a spectrum of services including space planning, project management, rental and leasing.
- We make carpet tile, but we sell design.
- Tandus Centiva’s unique line of Powerbond®, Modular, Broadloom, Woven and LVT flooring products offers a true fit-for-purpose approach to enhance spaces for learning, working, healing and living. With industry-leading product design, unrivaled service and a commitment to environmental and social stewardship, Tandus Centiva, a Tarkett company, provides the ultimate flooring experience for commercial customers.
Since 1939 WEAVERCOOKE, headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, has proudly provided construction services to customers throughout North Carolina and the southeast region. WEAVERCOOKE specializes in custom projects with unique needs such as the Proximity Hotel, the first LEED Platinum hotel built in America. Our company takes pride in our ability to blend the old with the new. We can introduce you to new building techniques like 6D BIM and Integrated Project Delivery, yet we maintain the client-centered relationships where our word and a handshake, first forged by Herman Weaver in 1939, still has meaning. Our goal is a simple one: To lower your overall investment cost by combining best building practices with good old-fashioned customer service.