- 12:00 am - 1:30 pm
- VIEW CALENDAR Trinity Episcopal Church
ASHEVILLE SECTION OF THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS
WELCOME TO THE AIA ASHEVILLE, NC CHAPTER
AIA Asheville is one of 300 local and state components of The American Institute of Architects, which unites the community of design professionals who live and work in the Western North Carolina and Asheville region.
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is the professional society of architects, established more than 150 years ago as a national organization. AIA works to promote the value of the architectural profession and to advance the living standards of people through an improved built environment. Representing approximately 70,000 members nationally, 2,000 statewide, and more than 200 members locally, this three-tiered organization is the largest voice of the architectural community. LEARN MORE.
AIA ASHEVILLE NEWS
If you are considering hiring an architect, here is a brief video that may be helpful: How to Chose an Architect for your Project
- Adams an Oldcastle Company is the recognized leader in concrete masonry technology and design. Since 1946 Adams has maintained the confidence of builders, architects and consumers for their innovative technology, high quality architectural building products, with superior product knowledge, committed customer service, and on-time deliveries.
- Carolina Home + Garden is Western North Carolina’s premier home design and lifestyle magazine. We showcase the most beautiful homes and gardens in our area in a visually stunning package. Each issue presents current design trends, intriguing personalities, ideas for remodeling and redecorating, and expert advice — all with a local focus. High-impact design and brilliant photography guarantee that each issue of Carolina Home + Garden is savored from cover to cover. We publish four spectacular issues each year.
- When you walk into a Crossville Tile & Stone showroom, you get more than a veritable inventory of every style, size and shape of tile & stone the world has to offer. You get the incredible insight and expertise of artisans who have a unique gift for designing with tile and stone. Some associates have design degrees to help bring your project to reality. Others have generations of experience. All have the deep technical knowledge and stylistic range to help you create anything from a rustic Tuscan kitchen to a gleaming multi-color glass tile bathroom. Of course, every recommendation is accompanied by the accurate technical support you need for proper installation. And our goal, always, is to help you complete your project on budget and beyond your expectations.
- Ferguson showrooms are where your plans of a dream home turn into a reality. Ferguson showrooms are the place to see all the latest styles in kitchen and bathroom products. Our showroom experts are extremely knowledgeable and dedicated to your home improvement projects.
- Henco is a locally owned and operated, full service reprographics company located in downtown Asheville, NC. We specialize in printing and scanning services for the architecture, engineering and construction industries. Henco also provides digital imaging services, such as high quality large format color inkjet printing, large format color scanning, mounting, and laminating.
- MODERN ASHEVILLE began as a simple hobby derived from my passion for both telling stories and simple design. My goal is simple – I want to make design approachable and accessible to all people and show the difference it can make in your life. Being a bit varied as a person, you’ll find I cover everything from the comforts of mid-century kitsch to important environmental impacts on building today. And today I bring in real estate including my business partner Kelly. All these things make up the story and community that is Modern Asheville.
- The Oakley Companies is very proud to carry the finest quality high end windows with a price that is affordable, SEMCO Windows and Doors. Windows and patio doors are some of the most distinguishing features of your home. SEMCO offers a variety of casement windows, tilt double hung windows, and patio doors in low maintenance aluminum clad or wood exteriors. We work with the architect, the contractor, and you to help design the windows and exterior doors that best suite your needs for your new home. We are very "hands on" in solving any problems that may occur along the way.
- Tremco Roofing offers the industry's most comprehensive roofing and weatherproofing solutions for restoration, repair, maintenance, replacement and new construction.
- http://www.vwlawfirm.com/ The Van Winkle Law Firm was founded in 1907 by Kingsland Van Winkle who moved from New Jersey to Asheville, North Carolina to assist George W. Vanderbilt with real estate titles for the vast mountain acreage which would become Biltmore Estate and a substantial portion of Pisgah National Forest. Since that time the firm has expanded its breadth of practice to become a premier provider of representation in commercial, governmental and personal legal matters. Today, The Van Winkle Law Firm is one of the oldest law practices in the state. It is the largest law firm west of Charlotte, with a roster of practice areas unrivaled in the region. Our firm focuses on building long-term partnerships with its clients by offering sophisticated services more typical of firms in larger metropolitan areas. The Firm continues a long tradition of civic involvement with attorneys involved in organizations such as Pisgah Legal Services, Asheville Art Museum, Habitat for Humanity, United Way, Literacy Council of Buncombe County, Mission and Pardee Hospitals, Big Brothers, Big Sisters, The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, Asheville City Council (with one former mayor and the current vice-mayor on our team), several local chambers of commerce and area schools and charities.
- WNC magazine is a bimonthly publication that captures the grandeur of the North Carolina mountains and the lifestyle of its residents through stunning photography and captivating storytelling. Every issue is a celebration of the people, culture, arts, crafts, architecture, history, and foodways of Western North Carolina. Written and designed to appeal to residents, visitors, and second-home owners, WNC is the only magazine focused on the entire 24-county region and delivers a readership that reaches far beyond.
- It’s a world full of creativity, innovation, passion, and inspiration. We love what we do, which is creating exciting and engaging interiors. Young Office is an Asheville commercial interiors company and one of the Carolina’s leading workplace furniture specialists. We deliver strategic concepts with a creative flair that engages with people. We strive to achieve great results for all our clients and have a strong history of delivering successful projects. We also offer a spectrum of services including space planning, project management, rental and leasing.
- We make carpet tile, but we sell design.
- Professional Business Interiors, Inc.'s installations includes many diverse projects throughout the Southeast including state and government facilities, churches, schools, libraries, hospitals, corporate buildings, and many other types of offices.
- Travelers looking for an Asheville bed and breakfast that's both quaint in accommodations and convenient in location need to look no further than the Princess Anne Hotel. All the amenities of a fine Asheville hotel can be found within the delightful charm of this inn with, much to offer in and around the local Asheville area.
- Bagby Lighting is a strong advocate of the architectural community via sponsorships of organizations such as AIA Asheville. Bagby represents some of the best manufacturers, including Acuity Brands, BEGA, Targetti Poulsen, Elliptipar, Focal Point, and Kenall. With a staff of 20, Bagby brings experience and expertise to a multitude of lighting design challenges.
- Stewart Young photography, based in Asheville, specializes in architectural photography. They use the latest in digital equipment to create compelling images for use in award submittals, marketing materials and sales brochures.
- Whether it’s site development or grading, concrete construction or a combination of services, our innovative approach and commitment to quality has made us a leader in the industry for over 29 years.